top of page

Services Available

We founded our business on three main principles - quality, service, and price - and we pride ourselves on our commitment to these principles each day. Baldwins Electrical provides outstanding contracting services to all of our clients, and are here to ensure that all of your needs are met. Take a look below to see the variety of services we offer, and what we can do for you today.

engineer tests the industrial electrical

Testing & Inspection

* Periodic inspection & fixed wire testing
* Fault finding & rectification
* Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)


Commercial & Industrial Services

* EV Car Charging Points
* Re-wiring / shop re-fits
* UPS systems
* External power supply
* Single & 3-phase installations
* Panel building

Colorful Houses

Landlord Services

Five Yearly Electrical Checks:

From 1st June 2020, private landlords in England are required to have the electrical installation in their rental properties checked by a qualified electrician to ensure that they are safe.

This means that:

  • Electrical installations must be inspected and tested prior to the start of a new tenancy from 1st July 2020

  • Checks must be carried out on any existing tenancies by 1st April 2021

These checks must then be carried out on a five yearly basis.

A copy of the most recent electrical safety condition report (EICR) must be provided to both new and retained tenants.

Register Your Appliances:

If you are providing electrical appliances as a part of the rental agreement, make sure that you register them with the manufacturer.  This means that if there is a problem, the manufacturer can contact you. You should also advise your tenants to register any electrical products that they bring into the property. 

You can also use Electrical Safety First's Product Checker to find out if any of the appliances that you and your tenants own have been subject to a recall or safety notice.

We also recommend...

  • That a visual inspection of the property is conducted between tenancies

  • Making sure that your property has adequate RCD protection

  • Carrying out regular safety checks on the electrical appliances provided as part of the rental agreement


Fire safety:

As a landlord you must:​​

  • provide a smoke alarm on each storey

  • provide a carbon monoxide alarm in any room with a solid fuel burning appliance (for example a coal fire or wood burning stove)

  • provide fire alarms and extinguishers if the property is a large house in multiple occupation (HMO) 


Fire Alarm

Fire Safety

* Smoke detectors
* Emergency lighting
* Fire alarm systems

Light Bulbs

LED Lighting Solutions

* Feature lighting
* Display lighting
* LED upgrades
* Outdoor lighting
* Events / concert lighting

Security Camera


* CCTV surveillance systems
* Intruder alarms - wired & wireless
* Security lighting
* Entry & access solutions


Domestic Services

* New build installations / rewiring
* Consumer board upgrades
* Home automation – NEST / Hive / Philips Hue installations
* Hot tub installation
* Appliance installation & repair

bottom of page